Scroll saws are one of the safest power tools out there and if you’re a beginner, then you’ve come to the right place because this saw is great for beginners who are not that savvy with power tools.
Just because this 16″ Central Machinery Variable Speed Saw is economically appealing to your wallet doesn’t make it any less valuable in it’s performance. This scroll saw is very versatile and is equipped with a tilting table that allows for precise bevel cutting.
With its cast iron base the vibration is less intense while providing better speed control, this promotes easier handling when working with a broad variety of materials without having to be bolted down. It does a great job cutting intricate designs.
BENEFITS & FEATURES
This model has some features that you would think belonged to higher end models and not to a low cost saw, but it has a built-in air blower that helps maintain a sawdust free work space allowing you to achieve detailed scrolling cuts without interference. The 5″ scroll blades can be removed and relocated to a pre-drilled starter hole to cut designs.
IS THIS SAW RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you’re planning on cutting wood on a daily basis, I recommend forking over a bit more money for a high end model that will save you money in the long run, but if this is just a starter saw for you and with minimum plans for its use, then it’s a great beginner’s saw. If not, please visit our Scroll Saw reviews page to compare what’s right for you.
- 16″ Throat
- Includes two blade adapters, two hex keys
- Table tilts 45 degrees
- variable speed, 400-1600 strokes per minute
- Motor: 120V, 60 Hz, Single Phase
- Table Dimensions: 10″ X 16″
- Removable safety insert
Bestseller Scroll Saw
- STANLEY 94-248 65 Piece Homeowner's DIY Tool Kit
- CARTMAN Orange 39-Piece Tool Set - General Household Hand Tool Kit with Plastic Toolbox Storage Case
- TEKTON 6943 Precision Pick and Hook Set, 4-Piece
- iFixit Mako Driver Kit - 64 Precision Bits for Precision Electronics Repair
- Wheeler Engineering Hammer and Punch Set with Brass, Steel, Plastic Punches, Brass/Polymer Hammer and Storage Case for Gunsmithing Maintenance