If you’re a novice wood worker looking for a trusted brand, look no further. The craftsman 16″ scroll saw is a good introduction saw to have to “test the waters” and make some very creative artwork.
This saw does allow for cutting wood that is 2″ inches thick, something the other less expensive saws can only do with a separate purchase. Let’s dive a little deeper into the heart and soul of the Craftsman 16″
CRAFTSMAN 16″ SCROLL SAW
This Craftsman Scroll Saw measures 16″ from blade to throat, so it’s as flexible as it is powerful. This variable speed saw dispenses 400 to 1600 strokes per minute, providing you the flexibility you need to cut through soft and hard woods, as well as plastic and soft metals. A large cast iron work table with up to 45-degree tilt also allows you to expand your artistic side with its bevel cutting.
This scroll saw was made with the comprehension that after all that precise cutting,the last thing on a wood worker’s mind is the clean up. Luckily, the multitasking directional dust blower on this Craftsman scroll saw does the clean up for you, keeping the cutting line free of dust and debris so you can focus all your energy on precision. Make the rest of the cleanup easy-peasy by making use of the shop vac-well suited dust extraction port and stowing your additional blades in the accessible on-board storage.
WHY NOT PURCHASE A MORE HIGH END SAW?
Why pay two times the cost of a craftsman just to get a few additional perks that will hardly get used in the first place? This craftsman provides you with anything you need for your wood work with its versatility. If you want to pay more for extra strokes per minute, then by all means, have at it, but if you’re not a professional (daily wood cutter) then this is an optimal (and affordable) choice for the learner getting their elbows saw-dusty for the first time.
- This 1.6-Amp Craftsman Scroll Saw offers a 60 Hz motor and operates at 120 Volts.
- Dust extraction port (1-1/4″) connects to shop vacuum for easy cleanup.
- Large (17-1/8″ x 10-1/4″) cast iron table tilts up to 45 degrees for bevel cutting.
- Works with standard five-inch pin and plain-end blades.
- Multi-Directional dust blower keeps cutting station free of saw dust and debris.
- Variable speed (400-1600 spm) cuts through soft or hard woods, plastic and soft metals.
- On-board storage that is accessible for holding additional blades